Winter 2021 News

The French Government announced on January 20th that because of the continuing Covid crisis, ski resorts would be unable to open their lift systems at the beginning of February. The resorts had hoped to be allowed to open fully in time for the busy half term school holidays. (Source: France24).

As we write, it will soon be Easter and unfortunately the situation remains unchanged.

2021/22 SEASON

In September 2020, we wrote:
"It is clear that the Plague which caused the disruption at the end of last season will still cast an enormous shadow over the coming Winter as well. But despite the pervasive gloom-mongering, uncertainty and unpredictability , we won't behave as if life has been put on indefinite hold. Therefore, we would like to let you know that we intend to run as normal a season as we can in 2020/21 - we live in hope!"

Little did we know then how catastrophic things would turn out to be and how forlorn everyone's hopes would become as the autumn turned to winter and ski resorts stayed closed . Now, as Spring arrives, the situation remains unchanged. 

The beacon which gives  light at the end of the tunnel is of course the roll-out of the vaccine and this development  makes it reasonable for us  to plan the programme for next winter's skiing .  We intend to publish the new course timetable by mid- April, taking into account the discussions we have already had with those individuals and groups whose provisional bookings for this season were postponed or cancelled.  As always, we will take advance bookings enquiries/requests at any time, subject to availability.  See Contacts page for details of how to get in touch, and note the new e mail and phone number. 

March 2021.


Temporary changes to Booking Conditions 

We have made temporary changes to our Ts and Cs for this season, which along with your own travel insurance, should give you the confidence to book.

The following extract on Covid -19 is taken  from our Booking conditions, which should be read in full ; if you have any further questions, please contact us by email . 

Coronavirus (Covid -19) - for bookings after Ist January 2021. 
Ali Ross Skiing Clinics will offer a 100% course fee credit valid until March 2022 or a refund, should the resort have to close and/or restrictions are imposed on travel by national Governments at short notice due to Covid 19, which prevent you from arriving in Tignes to start the course, or if these events occur during the course, when a pro rata credit or refund for the time missed will be offered.

All non-Covid related cancellations remain subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.

Please note that (in the FCDO's wording), "disinclination to travel" is not acceptable as a valid reason for cancellation).


Announcements are made on the Tignes website: